|375 g g||digestive biscuit digestive biscuit||
|300 g g||double cream double cream||
|140 g g||butter butter||
|450 g g||cream cheese cream cheese||
|125 g g||icing sugar icing sugar||
|50 ml ml||lemon juice lemon juice||
|1 tbsp tbsp||Lidl Crema di Limoncino Lidl Crema di Limoncino||
Crema di Limoncino Cheesecake
Preparation time: 0:30 min
Dreaming of the Amalfi Coast? This creamy lemon cheesecake is a decadent taste of one of Italy’s most beautiful hotspots. Serve it up after dinner with a digestivo, or just whenever you want, because we all deserve a little treat, right?
1. Crush the biscuits into crumbs using a food processor or by placing into a zip-loc bag and using a rolling pin, then pour into a bowl.
2. Melt the butter over a low heat.
3. Stir the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs.
4. Line an 8-9 inch round baking tin with greaseproof paper.
5. Pour in the biscuit crumb and butter mix, and pat it down firmly with a spoon, making sure it’s level.
6. Pop into the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
7. While the base is chilling, start to prepare the filling. Whip the cream cheese in a bowl, and then add the icing sugar and whip again.
8. In a separate bowl, whip the double cream until it becomes clotted and add to the sugar cheese mix.
9. Whip again and then finally add the lemon juice, zest and Crema di Limoncino.
10. Mix it all together with a spoon and then pour it on top of the chilled biscuit base.
11. Pop it back in the fridge and chill for 4-5 hours.
12. Serve with sliced lemon and a sprig of mint.