|6||pork sausages pork sausage|
|2 tbsp tbsp||chutney chutney|
|2 tsp tsp|| dried herbs
|1 packs pack||ready rolled puff pastry ready rolled puff pastry|
|75 g g||Cranberry Sauce Cranberry Sauce|
Crispy sausage roll crackers
Give finger food a festive twist and make Christmas nibbles go with a bang with these sausage roll crackers.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6.
- Squeeze the sausage meat out of the skins into a bowl then mix with the chutney to give sweetness, dried herbs for earthiness and some seasoning.
- Unroll the pastry for crispiness, and cut in half lengthways then into 3 widthways to make 6 rectangles.
- Divide the sausage meat between each rectangle forming it into a sausage shape that fits in the centre leaving a gap at each short end. Brush one long end pastry with the egg and roll the pastry around the sausage meat with the seal underneath. Transfer to a lined baking tray. Gently pull and twist the ends to create a cracker shape then brush all over with the egg and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Add fruitiness by serving with the cranberry sauce.