|4|| pitta breads
(wholemeal, sliced open)
|12|| new potato
|12 pieces piece|| halloumi
(approx. 25mm thick x 50mm wide)
|1 tbsp tbsp||paprika paprika|
|1 tbsp tbsp||chilli powder chilli powder|
|1 tbsp tbsp||cumin cumin|
|1 tbsp tbsp||dried oregano dried oregano|
(to deep fry)
For the salad
|6|| spring onions
|1 heads head|| lettuces
(gem variety, shredded)
(juice and zest)
|50 ml ml||Olive oil Olive oil|
For the dressing
|200 ml ml||peri-peri sauce peri-peri sauce|
|200 ml ml||mango chutney mango chutney|
|75 g g|| butter
Crunchy potato and halloumi pittas
Flavourful and super speedy to make, these crunchy potato and halloumi pittas are our very own version of one of Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch weekend recipes. We’ve suggested ingredients to make them - which you can pick up in your local Lidl store. If serving as a main meal, add two portions of your favourite vegetables on the side.
- Per small thick wooden skewer, place 3 small cooked new potatoes for bite and 3 pieces of halloumi for chew. Alternate between the potato and halloumi.
- Mix paprika, chilli powder, cumin and dried oregano. Roll the skewers in the mix until covered.
- Deep fry each skewer for approx. 4 minutes and then drain.
- Heat the peri-peri sauce and mango chutney in a pan, take off the heat and blend in cold cubed butter, a little at a time.
- For the salad, combine avocados, spring onions, tomatoes, gem lettuce and cucumber for crunch. Mix the salad in olive oil and the juice and zest of a lemon.
- Pack the pittas with your salad, sit a skewer on top and serve with lashings of sauce