|2 tins tin|| chickpeas
(drained and rinsed)
|2 tbsp tbsp||rapeseed oil rapeseed oil|
|3 tsp tsp||curry powder curry powder|
|1 tsp tsp||garlic powder garlic powder|
|1 tsp tsp||paprika paprika|
|1 tsp tsp||sea salt sea salt|
|1 tsp tsp|| black pepper
Curried roast chickpeas
Crisp, crunchy and spicy, these curried roast chickpeas are a delicious vegan snack. Food blogger Jemma Andrew-Adiamah this recipe as a healthier alternative to crisps. If you fancy a drink with your chickpeas the spicy flavour will pair perfectly with a glass of Peuceta Primitivo.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- Pour the drained chickpeas into a clean tea towel and dry off any remaining residue, removing any skins that may have come loose.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a non-stick baking tray and toss in the oil to coat. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Once cooked, pour the chickpeas into a bowl and add the spices, salt and pepper. Mix well, ensuring all the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Allow to cool before eating.