|1 slices slice||bread bread|
|1 handfuls handful||spinach spinach|
|chili sauce chili sauce|
|black pepper black pepper|
A clever twist on eggy bread, this breakfast recipe looks great but is very easy to prepare. Try using different cutters to mark special occasions, such as a heart for a romantic Valentine’s Day breakfast.
- Butter the slice of bread and stamp out a circle in the centre using a biscuit cutter.
- Place the slice buttered side-down in a frying pan and crack the egg into the hole. Cover with a lid and cook over a medium heat for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Uncover and place under a medium-hot grill, until the top of the bread is toasted and the white of the egg is cooked.
- While the egg is cooking, heat the spinach in a pan with a lid and a splash of water until wilted
- Once the white of the egg has cooked, slide the bread onto a plate and serve with the wilted spinach, a little black pepper and a good drizzle of chilli sauce.