|2|| stale ciabatta rolls
stale ciabatta roll|
(or other crusty bread)
|300 g g|| tomatoes
|0.25|| red onions
|200 g g|| roasted peppers
(drained and chopped)
|100 g g|| feta
(broken into small chunks)
|0.5 tbsp tbsp||balsamic vinegar balsamic vinegar|
|2 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|1 bunches bunch|| basil
Feta panzanella salad
This classic Italian salad recipe is a great way of using up stale bread. If you’re making it ahead of serving, reserve half the bread and toss it through right at the end - this will create an interesting balance of textures.
- Tear the bread into bite-sized chunks and leave out on a tray.
- Chop the tomatoes into bite-sized pieces and put into a bowl. Add the onion, peppers and feta and season generously.
- Toss in the ciabatta and mix well so all the juices combine and start to soak into the bed.
- Dress with the oil and vinegar and toss again. Taste the juices, adjusting the seasoning accordingly.
- Add the torn basil leaves, toss for a final time and serve.