|2 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|2|| red peppers
(crushed and grated)
|500 g g||tomatoes tomato|
|1.5 tbsp tbsp||paprika paprika|
|8 slices slice||chorizo chorizo|
|150 g g||frozen peas frozen peas|
|2 tbsp tbsp|| parsley
|black pepper black pepper|
|8 slices slice||Serrano ham Serrano ham|
For a brunch dish packed with flavour try this Spanish baked eggs recipe, with a lightly spiced tomato sauce and folds of salty chorizo and Serrano ham. Serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil and a few slices of crunchy bread.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place a pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Throw in the chopped onion and peppers and fry until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes and paprika and cook for a further 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ovenproof bowls (or terracotta ramekins) and crack 2 eggs over the top of each one. Place 2 pieces of Serrano ham and 2 pieces of chorizo in each ramekin, and scatter over the peas.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are set with a slightly runny yolk. Season with black pepper and garnish with a pinch of fresh parsley to serve.