For the pizza
|4 tbsp tbsp||tomato purée tomato purée||
|1 tbsp tbsp||dried oregano dried oregano||
|1 pinches pinch||cinnamon cinnamon||
|2.5 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil||
|plus extra for brushing|
|6 tbsp tbsp||water water||
|peeled and chopped|
|250 g g||lamb mince lamb mince||
|2 packs pack||garlic breads garlic bread||
|trimmed and sliced into thin strips|
|2 tbsp tbsp||pomegranate seeds pomegranate seed||
|1 packs pack||rocket rocket||
For the minty yoghurt sauce
|200 g g||plain yoghurt plain yoghurt||
|0.5 packs pack||mint mint||
|leaved picked and finely chopped|
Flatbread pizzas with lamb, courgette and fresh spring leaves
This flatbread pizza recipe is inspired by the Turkish dish lahmacun, and is set off to perfection with a drizzle of garlic and mint yoghurt. To make a veggie version, spread the flatbreads with half a batch of tomato sauce and top with griddled halloumi, courgette and salad.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6. Make the mint yoghurt by mixing all the ingredients together, then cover and chill until needed.
- Mix the tomato purée with the oregano, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Gradually stir through the water to make a loose tomato sauce.
- Fry the onion and mince in the remaining oil over a medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Add half the tomato sauce and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Spread the remaining tomato sauce across each flatbread. Top with the lamb, then bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush a griddle pan with oil and char the courgette strips for 1 - 2 minutes on each side.
- Top the cooked pizzas with the courgette, salad leaves and pomegranate seeds and drizzle with the mint yoghurt to serve.