For the pizza
|4 tbsp tbsp||tomato purée tomato purée|
|1 tbsp tbsp||dried oregano dried oregano|
|1 pinches pinch||cinnamon cinnamon|
|2.5 tbsp tbsp|| olive oil
(plus extra for brushing)
|6 tbsp tbsp||water water|
(peeled and chopped)
|250 g g||lamb mince lamb mince|
|2 packs pack||garlic breads garlic bread|
(trimmed and sliced into thin strips)
|2 tbsp tbsp||pomegranate seeds pomegranate seed|
|1 packs pack||rocket rocket|
For the minty yoghurt sauce
|200 g g||plain yoghurt plain yoghurt|
|0.5 packs pack|| mint
(leaved picked and finely chopped)
Flatbread pizzas with lamb, courgette and fresh spring leaves
This flatbread pizza recipe is inspired by the Turkish dish lahmacun, and is set off to perfection with a drizzle of garlic and mint yoghurt. To make a veggie version, spread the flatbreads with half a batch of tomato sauce and top with griddled halloumi, courgette and salad.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6. Make the mint yoghurt by mixing all the ingredients together, then cover and chill until needed.
- Mix the tomato purée with the oregano, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Gradually stir through the water to make a loose tomato sauce.
- Fry the onion and mince in the remaining oil over a medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Add half the tomato sauce and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Spread the remaining tomato sauce across each flatbread. Top with the lamb, then bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush a griddle pan with oil and char the courgette strips for 1 - 2 minutes on each side.
- Top the cooked pizzas with the courgette, salad leaves and pomegranate seeds and drizzle with the mint yoghurt to serve.