|1 l l||Glühwein Glühwein|
(juice only )
(juice only )
|175 g g||icing sugar icing sugar|
|0.5 tsp tsp||cinnamon cinnamon|
|1 tsp tsp||vanilla extract vanilla extract|
|150 ml ml||double cream double cream|
|1 tsp tsp||icing sugar icing sugar|
|1 tsp tsp||ground ginger ground ginger|
Glühwein poached pears with ginger cream
Rich, delicious and something a little bit special for festive winter evenings, this Glühwein Poached pears with ginger cream recipe has been created by influencer Kate Hackworthy @kateveggiedesserts.
1. Add the Glühwein, lemon juice, clementine juice, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla to a deep pot over a low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
2. Peel the pears, leaving the stalk at the top. Cut a slice from the bottom so they stand up on their ends. Add the peeled pears to the hot wine mixture, ensuring they are covered by the liquid, adding water if necessary to cover the pears. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pears are tender. The time will depend on how ripe the pears are.
3. Carefully remove the pears from the liquid and set aside. Increase the heat to high and boil the liquid for 10 minutes to create a thick syrup.
4. For the ginger cream, pour the cream into a mixing bowl and add the sugar and ginger. Beat with a whisk until soft peaks form.
5. To serve, stand the pears up on plates, drizzle with theGlühwein syrup and add a dollop of ginger cream. Delicious hot or cold.