|1 blocks block||halloumi halloumi|
|2 tsp tsp||Runny Honey Runny Honey|
|3 tsp tsp||dried oregano dried oregano|
|1|| garlic cloves
|2 pouches pouch||Tomato & Olive Microwave Wheat, Rice and Quinoa Tomato & Olive Microwave Wheat, Rice and Quinoa|
|1 tbsp tbsp|| vinegar
|150 g g||black olives black olive|
|800 g g|| tomatoes
(mixed, roughly chopped )
|1|| red onions
|extra virgin olive oil extra virgin olive oil|
Greek grains and golden halloumi salad
With tangy olives and crunchy cucumber, this Greek grains and golden halloumi salad would make a delicious lunch or light dinner. Serve alongside two portions of your favourite vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Use halloumi for chew. Score the surface of the halloumi and nestle inside a small baking tray. Rub the honey, garlic, 2 tsp oregano and a splash of oil over the cheese, season with black pepper - there’s no need to add salt as halloumi’s naturally salty - and bake for 30 minutes until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, make a dressing. Mix 2 tbsp olive oil with the red wine vinegar and the remaining oregano. Mix well, taste and season to your liking.
- For the salad, prepare the grains and add to a large bowl for bulk . Add tang with the extra black olives, then mix through the tomatoes, red onion and chopped cucumber for crunch.
- Drizzle over the dressing and toss well to mix, topping with the baked halloumi.