|1.1 l l||vegetable stock vegetable stock|
|400 g g||frozen peas frozen peas|
|2 packs pack||asparagus asparagus|
|100 g g||baby spinach baby spinach|
|1 packs pack||mint mint|
|100 g g||prosciutto prosciutto|
|1 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|300 g g||risotto rice risotto rice|
|75 g g||Parmesan Parmesan|
|zest and juice|
|black pepper black pepper|
Green risotto with crispy ham
Crispy prosciutto adds texture to this gloriously green risotto, topped off with seasonal vegetables and fragrant fresh mint.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas mark 4
- Boil the peas and asparagus in the stock for 3 minutes, then strain the stock into a jug and reserve. Refresh the asparagus and a third of the peas in cold water and set aside.
- Tip the remaining peas into a blender along with 50g spinach, 20g mint and 100ml of the stock. Blitz to form a smooth purée and set aside.
- Arrange the prosciutto across a lined baking tray and cook in the hot oven until crisp. Break into pieces and leave to cool.
- For the risotto, fry the onion in the oil for 5 minutes, then toast the rice in the pan for 2 minutes. Add a ladleful of reserved stock and simmer until absorbed, then repeat the process with the remaining stock until it’s all absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir through the prosciutto, Parmesan, lemon, asparagus, remaining peas and spinach and season well. Swirl through the pea purée, garnishing with feta and fresh mint to serve.