A tasty hasselback potato recipe that works well as a starter or snack, or even as a side dish as part of a main meal. The crisp, golden Jersey Royals are served alongside a zingy chorizo dip - add a pinch of paprika for extra kick.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- For the hasselback potatoes, line up chopsticks on a chopping board and place a Jersey Royal potato on top. Slice down most of the way through the potato, using the sticks to make sure you don't go all the way through.
- Repeat with the remaining potatoes, then rub them in oil and season generously with salt. Arrange across a baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chorizo dip. Finely dice the shallot and roughly chop the chorizo. Place a frying pan over a medium heat and fry off the chorizo and shallot until the meat has released its fat.
- Pour the contents of the frying pan into the crème fraîche and mix until fully combined.
- Once the Jersey Royals are golden and cooked through, arrange across a serving plate with the crème fraîche in the centre. Dunk the potatoes in the dip and enjoy.