|500 g g||beef mince steak beef mince steak|
|4||large white bap large white bap|
|1 kg kg||sweet potatoes sweet potato|
|washed and peeled|
|1.5||romaine lettuce romaine lettuce|
|washed and sliced|
|peeled and sliced|
|mixed spices mixed spice|
|a pinch of your favourite spices|
Homemade burgers with sweet potato fries
Preparation time: 0:10 min
Homemade burgers are so simple to make, and super tasty too! For a simple patty, all you need is a good pinch of salt and black pepper, but you can mix things up with other dry spices you may have at home such as cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika or dried chillies. Try to take the meat out of the fridge 30 minutes before making the burger mix. The sweet potato fries can be made skin-on or skin-off, depending on preference and to help them get crispy, cook on a flat baking sheet rather than a high-sided oven dish.
- For the sweet potato fries, make sure they’re dry before slicing into even 5cm strips.
- Add to a large mixing bowl with a little oil, a good pinch of salt and pepper, the garlic and 1 tbsp oil. Toss in the oil before transferring to a large flat baking sheet and place in a preheated oven at 220c / 200c fan for around 20 to 25 minutes, turning them over about halfway through so they’re evenly cooked.
- Whilst the sweet potatoes are in the oven, place the mince in a large bowl and season generously with salt, black pepper and any other spices you wish to add. Gently mix the spices into the mince, without over mixing as this helps keep a nice texture to the burgers. Divide into 4 equal patties, cover and set aside.
- You can make a simple salad with the lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes and season with a little oil and vinegar, or let the family choose their own favourites for their plates.
- To make the burgers, bring a large non-stick frying pan up to a high heat on the hob, and add the burger patties.
- Reduce the heat down to medium-high and cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and serve immediately with the sweet potato fries, salad and your favourite sauces!