|2||chicken breast fillet chicken breast fillet|
|0.5||romaine heart lettuce romaine heart lettuce|
|4||plum tomatoes plum tomato|
|50 g g||spinach spinach|
|cut into half moon shapes|
|4 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|1 tbsp tbsp||honey honey|
|0.5 tsp tsp||wholegrain mustard wholegrain mustard|
|0.5 tsp tsp||salt salt|
|+ a pinch more|
|2 pinches pinch||black pepper black pepper|
Honey lemon chicken salad
This light and healthy salad was created in collaboration with Tasty. The sweet, yet tangy marinade ensures the chicken is juicy and tender, while the honey and mustard dressing adds the perfect finishing touch to this delicious salad.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- In a medium sized bowl make a simple marinade for the chicken by mixing 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoons honey, the zest of 1 lemon, juice from 1/2 the lemon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a good pinch of black pepper. Add the chicken to the bowl and stir so all the chicken is coated in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to marinate.
- Roughly chop the lettuce and toss together with the spinach leaves, cucumber pieces and plum tomatoes. Set aside.
- Make the salad dressing by mixing 2 tablespoons olive olive, the juice from the remaining 1/2 lemon, 1/2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Once hot sear the chicken for about 30 seconds on each side to get nice chargrilled marks. Finish the chicken in the oven until cooked through, around 10-12 minutes.
- Once the chicken breast is cooked through slice into medium sized strips.
- Top the salad base with the chargrilled chicken strips and drizzle over the dressing and the pomegranate seeds, toss all together and enjoy!
TASTY is a trademark of BuzzFeed, Inc. Used under license.©BuzzFeed, Inc.