|6||hot cross buns hot cross bun|
|50 g g||butter butter|
|500 g g||custard custard|
Hot cross bread and butter pudding
This tasty bread and butter pudding recipe is a great way to turn stale hot cross buns into a fantastic Easter dessert. If you like, add an extra handful of dried fruit, chopped nuts or a pinch of mixed spice to the baking dish before pouring over the custard.
- Pour the custard into a small saucepan over a gentle heat and warm through, stirring regularly.
- Slice the hot cross buns in half and spread with the butter, then arrange across a 1l baking dish. Pour over the warm custard, ensuring that it is evenly distributed over the buns. Set aside to rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Sprinkle the orange zest over the top of the pudding and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Once cooked, leave to cool for a few minutes before dividing between bowls.