|1 packs pack||Jersey Royals Jersey Royals|
|1 packs pack||broccoli broccoli|
|1 packs pack|| asparagus
|1 tbsp tbsp|| parsley
|100 g g|| butter
|1 tins tin|| anchovy fillets
(drained and finely chopped)
Jersey Royals with anchovy butter and spring vegetables
Spring vegetables like you’ve never tried them before! The rich, salty flavour of anchovy butter brings out the unique taste of Jersey Royals and makes a beautiful pairing with steamed asparagus and broccoli. Any leftover butter works well with barbecued steak.
- Begin by preparing the anchovy butter. Grind the anchovies, garlic and a small squeeze of lemon juice together in a pestle and mortar (or food processor) to form a paste.
- Beat in the butter until evenly incorporated, then scrape the butter out onto a large piece of cling film and form it into a rough sausage shape. Refrigerate until firm, or until you’re ready to serve the vegetables.
- Chop the Jersey Royals into even sized chunks and place in a pan of salted water. Bring up to the boil, simmering for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- In a separate pan, boil or steam the broccoli and asparagus for 3-5 minutes, until cooked through but retaining a little bite.
- Drain the vegetables and return to a large pan (or keep the potatoes separate, if you’d prefer). Add a generous knob of anchovy butter, cover the pan with a lid and shake well until the vegetables are evenly coated. Add the parsley to the pan and shake again, then pour into a serving dish.