|1 bags bag||french fries french fries||
|4 tbsp tbsp||plain flour plain flour||
|2 tins tin||kidney beans kidney beans||
|2 tsp tsp||cumin cumin||
|1 cloves clove||garlic garlic||
|2||large carrots large carrot||
|1 packs pack||coriander coriander||
|rinsed, patted dry and finely chopped|
|cherry tomatos cherry tomato||
|a few, sliced into quarters|
|1 packs pack||large white bap large white bap||
|1 tsp tsp||chilli flakes chilli flakes||
Kidney bean burgers with fries
Preparation time: 2:00 h
Burgers from beans! Everyone will love the satisfying flavours of these moreish kidney bean burgers, which can easily be prepped and frozen for future meals. You can easily play around with spice rack favourites too, as the recipe can easily be adapted to incorporate a little curry powder, smoked paprika or chilli! Chilling the burgers in the fridge for a couple of hours helps them keep their shape when cooking - if you’re in a rush, they can also be placed into the freezer to set for 40 minutes.
- In a small non-stick frying pan add a little oil, the garlic, onions, and carrots and fry for a couple of minutes until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans and place into a large bowl.
- Mash well with a fork or potato masher before adding the cooled onion mixture, cumin, salt & pepper, and any extra spices you wish to use.
- Season with 1 tsp salt and a generous amount of black pepper. Mix well, and then add in the chopped coriander, gently stirring through.
- If the mixture seems a little ‘loose’ add a tbsp of plain flour.
- Now shape the mixture into 8 equal sized patties, placing them on a lightly oiled baking sheet or tray.
- Place in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.
- For the fries, cook according to packet instructions.
- To cook the burgers, heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan, and fry the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side, then transfer to the oven for 8 minutes, alongside the fries.
- Serve the burgers in the buns with a side of fries, tomatoes, and your favourite sauces.