|leftover roast chicken meat, chopped or shredded leftover roast chicken meat, chopped or shredded|
|1 packet packet||tortilla wraps tortilla wrap|
|1 tins tin||kidney beans kidney beans|
|1 cartons carton||tomato passata tomato passata|
|1 tins tin||chopped tomatoes chopped tomatoes|
|1 packet packet||fajita seasoning fajita seasoning|
(a little chopped)
|50 g g|| mature cheddar
|1 tbsp tbsp||sugar sugar|
|black pepper black pepper|
Leftover chicken enchiladas
The week wraps up with this Mexican inspired dish that uses up last night’s leftover chicken! A rich, spicy sauce and some grated cheese top the chicken-filled tortillas - what’s not to love?
1. For the enchilada sauce, add a little oil to a non-stick pot and gently fry the garlic.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes, passata, sugar, and season with salt & pepper.
3. Bring up to the boil and then reduce down to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, before blitzing with a stick blender.
4. Add a little oil to a non-stick frying pan and fry the onions for a few minutes before adding the cooked chicken.
5. Add the fajita seasoning and stir through well before adding the kidney beans.
6. Add around ½ of the blitzed tomato sauce into the frying pan and stir everything together.
7. In a large ovenproof dish, roll the chicken & kidney bean mix into the wraps, before covering with the rest of the sauce and a sprinkling of cheese.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 190C/170C fan for 20 minutes, or until the top is browned and serve with any remaining coriander.