|110 g g||malt wheaties malt wheaties||
|215 g g||flour flour||
|70 g g||soft brown sugar soft brown sugar||
|190 g g||butter butter||
|cubed and chilled|
|1||egg yolks egg yolk||
|0.5 tsp tsp||baking soda baking soda||
|350 g g||apricot jam apricot jam||
|175 g g||frozen raspberries frozen raspberry||
Malt wheatie bars
Raspberry and apricot Malt Wheatie bars
These sticky Malt Wheatie bars are what lunchbox dreams are made of. With layers of chewy biscuit, apricot jam, fresh berries and a golden crumble topping, they make the perfect mid-morning pick me up.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170ºC fan/gas mark 5. Line a 22cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Add 70g Malt Wheaties to a food processor and blitz until fine. Add the flour, brown sugar and butter and blitz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Weigh out 125g of the crumb mixture into a dish and stir in the remaining 40g whole Wheaties. Set this to one side - this is your topping.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and egg to the remaining mix in the processor and blitz again until the mixture comes together to form a smooth dough. Tip into the prepared tin and press into an even layer, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes before spreading with apricot conserve, scattering over the raspberries and, finally, the Wheatie topping.
- Bake for a final 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool completely in the tin before cutting into bars.
Oops! An Error Occurred
The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".
Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.