For the stew
|1 tbsp tbsp||oil oil|
|150 g g||chorizo chorizo|
|skinned and diced|
|1||red onions red onion|
|1 sticks stick||celery celery|
|1 tsp tsp||dried oregano dried oregano|
|1 tsp tsp||dried basil dried basil|
|2 tins tin||chopped tomatoes chopped tomatoes|
|350 ml ml||chicken stock chicken stock|
|500 g g||cod fillets cod fillet|
|cut into chunks|
|1 packs pack||mussels in white wine sauce mussels in white wine sauce|
|300 g g||prawns prawn|
|shredded, to garnish|
For the croutons
|4 tbsp tbsp||mayonnaise mayonnaise|
|smashed into a paste|
|0.5 tsp tsp||paprika paprika|
|1 tsp tsp||lemon juice lemon juice|
Mediterranean fish and chorizo stew
Trying to eat more seafood? This warming Mediterranean stew is packed with prawns, cod and mussels, as well as a mixture of herbs, vegetables and juicy chunks of chorizo.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chorizo for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the onion, celery and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, then the garlic and herbs. Cook for a further minute, then pour in the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cod and mussels and cook for 5 minutes, seasoning well. Stir in the prawns and warm through for 2 minutes.
- For the croutons, slice the baguette into 8 pieces and toast on both sides until crisp.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, paprika and add a dollop onto each crouton.
- Divide the soup between bowls and top with the croutons and a sprinkling of basil.