|2 packs pack||mediterranean vegetables mediterranean vegetables||
|12||beef meatballs beef meatball||
|700 g g||tomato passata tomato passata||
|100 g g||mozzarella mozzarella||
|100 g g||mascarpone mascarpone||
|1 bags bag||mixed lettuce mixed lettuce||
|olive oil olive oil||
|crusty bread crusty bread||
Mediterranean style meatball bake with green salad
Preparation time: 0:05 min
Packed with Mediterranean style vegetables, this meatball bake with green salad is a dish that combines the classic flavour pairing of bubbling, golden cheese with rich tomato sauce. Serve with two portions of your favourite vegetables.
Instead of 2 packs of Oaklands Mediterranean style vegetables, why not try your own mix of fresh veggies from our Oaklands range such as mixed peppers, red onions, courgettes, cherry tomatoes and aubergines?
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ªC fan/gas mark 6. Roast the two trays of vegetables, as per packet instructions, in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a good dash of oil in a frying pan and cook the meatballs for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then pour in the passata along with a splash of water and simmer gently for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir through the roasted vegetables and season well to taste, then pour the meatball sauce into a large baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mozzarella and mascarpone together. Spoon the cheese over the top of the meatballs and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until it is bubbling and the cheese is golden.
- Dress the salad leaves with the lemon juice, a drizzle of oil and some seasoning, serving alongside the crusty bread and meatball bake.