|4||corn cobs corn cob|
|2 tsp tsp||oil oil|
|2 tbsp tbsp||sour cream sour cream|
|or mayonnaise if preferred|
|juice only, plus extra to serve|
|30 g g||Parmesan Parmesan|
|1 tsp tsp||chilli powder chilli powder|
|1 tsp tsp||cumin cumin|
Whether you’re looking to liven up a barbecue or serve it as a side to a simple midweek meal, this Mexican corn recipe has a fantastic combination of flavours thanks to the lime juice, chilli and Parmesan.
- Keep the corn cobs in their leaves and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little, then carefully open up and strip off the outer leaves and fibres.
- Drizzle with a little oil, then char on a hot barbecue or griddle pan until browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream and lime juice, and in a separate bowl combine the cheese and spices.
- Once the corn has browned evenly, brush each with the mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle over the cheese. Serve immediately with a wedge of lime on the side.