|1 kg kg||chicken drumsticks chicken drumsticks||
|1 bottles bottle||peri-peri sauce peri-peri sauce||
|2||salad tomatoes salad tomato||
|1 tins tin||sweetcorn sweetcorn||
|1 cups cup||frozen peas frozen peas||
|200 g g||penne penne||
|4 tbsp tbsp||mayonnaise mayonnaise||
|2||garlic cloves garlic cloves||
|2 tbsp tbsp||oil oil||
Peri-peri chicken drumsticks with corn pasta salad
Preparation time: 0:10 min
A light, easy to pull together meal that the wee ones will love. Depending on how much spice they like you can also roast the drumsticks without the marinade, and add the peri-peri sauce when serving, according to preference!
- Add 2 tbsp oil, the garlic, salt, pepper and ½ bottle of the peri-peri sauce to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the chicken drumsticks and toss them well with the mix to coat fully. If you have time, cover and return to the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the chicken to marinade in the sauce.
- Place the marinated chicken on a roasting tin or large ovenproof dish in a preheated oven at 210C/190C and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is in the oven, cook the pasta according to packet instructions, adding the peas to the water for the final 2 or 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Transfer the cooked cooled pasta and peas to a salad or serving bowl and stir through mayonnaise and add the sweetcorn. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve the pasta salad with a side of tomatoes, the roasted drumsticks, and more of the peri-peri sauce if you wish.