|135 g g||Belbake Plain Flour Belbake Plain Flour|
|135 g g||cornflour cornflour|
|75 g g|| pistachio
(whole, coursely ground)
|1 tsp tsp||baking powder baking powder|
|90 g g||icing sugar icing sugar|
|135 g g|| Dairy Manor British Unsalted Butter
Dairy Manor British Unsalted Butter|
(cut into cubes)
|125 ml ml||whole milk whole milk|
|240 g g||icing sugar icing sugar|
|3 tbsp tbsp||Milk Milk|
|0.5 tsp tsp||vanilla essence vanilla essence|
|Food colouring gel Food colouring gel|
|icing pens icing pen|
Pistachio and orange sugar cookies
1.For the shortbread dough, mix together the flours, nuts, icing sugar and baking powder, then pour into a mixer. Add the orange zest and butter cubes, pulsing to combine until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
2. Tip the mix into a bowl and gradually add the milk, bringing the mix together to form a firm dough. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Line two large baking trays with parchment.
4. Roll out the dough and cut out 24 biscuits, either using a decorative cutter or dividing into rectangles. Divide between baking trays and bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove them from the trays and put them on a wire rack to cool.
5. While the biscuits are cooling, prepare your icing. In a bowl, combine the icing sugar and vanilla essence along with 2 tbsp milk. Beat the mixture until it turns pale and meringue-like - if you need a runnier consistency, add an extra spoonful of milk. To create different coloured icing, divide the mixture between bowls and use the food colouring gels.
6. To decorate, unleash your inner artist and use the coloured icing pens to create patterns and shapes!