|1||Pork loin fillets pork loin|
|6||pork sausages pork sausage|
|1 packs pack||Parma ham Parma ham|
|2 tbsp tbsp||cranberry sauce cranberry sauce|
|1 handfuls handful||parsley parsley|
|2 tbsp tbsp||Dijon mustard Dijon mustard|
|2 packs pack||ready rolled puff pastry ready rolled puff pastry|
|0.5||savoy cabbages savoy cabbage|
|150 ml ml||double cream double cream|
|olive oil olive oil|
Pork wellington with cabbage in a cream and mustard sauce
Preparation time: 1:30 h
For a little twist on a classic, try this pork wellington with cabbage in a cream and mustard sauce recipe, by influencers Billy & Jack. Create a pretty effect to the top of your wellington if you have extra pastry and a lattice cutter, and serve alongside two portions of your favourite vegetables.
- Season the pork loin fillet with salt and pepper then brown all over in a hot pan with a little oil.
- Remove and allow to rest and cool down.
- Once cool brush with mustard. Lay out cling film in a square about 1/3 longer than your pork fillet. Lay the slices of Parma ham onto the cling film so that they are just a little bit longer than the pork and wide enough to wrap around.
- Squeeze the sausage meat from the skins and mix in the cranberry sauce and parsley. Cover the Parma ham with the mixture and lay the pork fillet in the middle. Using the cling film, carefully wrap the pork fillet with the sausage meat and ham, as tight as you can.
- Try and get a consistent layer of ham all around. Twist the ends of the cling film together so you get a large sausage and place in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Lay out the pastry and give it a bit of a roll to make it larger to fit the filling. Remove the cling film and place the meat in the middle, wrap with the pastry and trim and tuck the ends underneath, making sure the join is underneath. Brush with a beaten egg and cook at 180 degrees C / gas mark 4 for 45 minutes and allow to rest before carving.
- Finely slice the cabbage and steam until tender. In a pan add the cabbage, cream and mustard and season with salt and pepper, mixing well. Serve on the side.
- Serve with veg.