|200 g g||frozen prawns frozen prawn|
|250 g g||long grain rice long grain rice|
|small, finely diced|
|75 g g||frozen peas frozen peas|
|1 tbsp tbsp||soy sauce soy sauce|
|4||spring onions spring onion|
Prawn fried rice
Whether you’re using up leftover rice or simply looking for a quick midweek meal, this prawn fried rice recipe couldn’t be simpler - just make sure the rice is completely cooked through once you reheat it. Match this meal with a glass of Soave Classico.
- Pour 800ml of water into a pan, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Add the rice, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked through, drain the rice carefully and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and fry the carrot for 3-4 minutes until just golden and tender.
- Add the peas and prawns to the pan and fry for 1 minute, then add the rice and cook until hot.
- Make a well in the centre of the rice and add the beaten eggs. Leave for 1-2 minutes, then mix until lightly scrambled. Stir the egg through the rice until evenly incorporated and add the soy sauce.
- Divide between bowls and serve immediately, garnished with spring onions.