For the pastry
|200 g g|| flour
(plus extra for dusting)
|100 g g|| butter
(plus extra for greasing)
|0.5 tsp tsp||salt salt|
For the filling
|1 bunches bunch||parsley parsley|
|150 g g|| ham
(chopped into small pieces)
|200 g g||Emmental cheese Emmental cheese|
|200 g g|| leeks
|150 g g||bacon bacon|
|2 tbsp tbsp||oil oil|
|250 g g||sour cream sour cream|
|0.5 tsp tsp||salt salt|
|black pepper black pepper|
This classic French quiche recipe is made extra easy thanks to the many functions of the Monsieur Cuisine. Not only can you knead the dough and brown off the filling but you can also weigh out your ingredients too using the built-in scales.
- Place the flour, butter, egg and salt in the blender jug along with 1 tbsp water. Process for 2 minutes using the knead button to form a smooth dough
- Tip the dough out and shape by hand into a ball. Wrap in cling film and leave to chill for 1 hour in the fridge. Thoroughly clean the blender jug.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/gas mark 7
- Wash the parsley and shake it dry, then place in the blender jug and process for8 seconds on speed setting 6 until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl along with the chopped ham, then thoroughlyclean the container.
- Add the cheese to the clean blender jug and chop on speed setting 8 for 10 seconds. Tip the cheese in with the parsley and thoroughly clean the blender jug. Slice the leeks in half lengthways and cut into thin strips.
- Place the bacon in the blender jug and brown for 5 minutes using the roast button. Tip the bacon into the bowl with the parsley, ham and cheese, then add the oil to the container and brown the leeks for 10 minutes using the reverse button at speed setting 1 on 100ºC.Once cooked, tip the leeks into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well.
- Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour and roll out the chilled pastry until wide enough to line a 30cm baking dish. Prick the base with a fork and blind bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave to cool. Turn the oven temperature down to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Insert the mixer attachment into the blender jug and pour in the sour cream, eggs and salt along with some black pepper. Blend for 1 minute on speed setting 4 until smooth.
- Tip the leek and cheese mixture into the pastry case, then pour over the egg mixture. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until golden and set. Leave to cool a little in the tin before serving.