|2 packs pack||chicken thighs chicken thigh||
|remaining from the week, cut into rounds|
|2 - 3 cloves clove||garlic garlic||
|2 tsp tsp||cumin cumin||
|1 cubes cube||vegetable stock vegetable stock||
|dissolved into 300ml water|
|2 packs pack||roasted vegetable couscous roasted vegetable couscous||
|2 tins tin||chopped tomatoes chopped tomatoes||
|1 tins tin||chickpeas chickpea||
|0.5 packs pack||coriander coriander||
|chilli flakes chilli flakes||
Quick chicken tagine with couscous
Preparation time: 0:15 min
An easy-to-pull-together take on a tagine, served up with a tasty flavoured couscous. If the kids aren’t so keen on eating chicken off the bone, it’s worth the extra time to debone the thighs before roasting - you’ll save the time back on the oven cooking time. The leftovers can be frozen, reheated and served with rice another day.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in a large roasting tin. Drizzle over a little oil, season well with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of cumin. Place in a preheated oven (220c / 200c fan) and roast for 30 minutes, or 20-25 minutes if you have deboned the thighs.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, heat a little oil in a non-stick saucepan before adding the chopped onions. Gently fry for a few minutes until translucent, before adding the garlic, chopped courgettes and peppers.
- Add in 1-2 tsp of cumin according to preference and a good pinch of black pepper.
- Add the vegetable stock, tinned tomatoes and chickpeas. Bring up to the boil and reduce down to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare the couscous according to packet instructions.
- Stir through the chopped coriander then pour the tagine over the cooked chicken thighs, and serve with the couscous.