|200 g g||brown rice brown rice||
|cut into bite-sized florets|
|3||spring onions spring onion||
|3||garlic cloves garlic cloves||
|0.75||heads of sweetheart cabbage head of sweetheart cabbage||
|soy sauce soy sauce||
|3 tbsp tbsp||peri-peri sauce peri-peri sauce||
|2 tbsp tbsp||coriander coriander||
Roasted cauliflower nasi goreng
Preparation time: 0:10 min
This spicy fried rice dish is packed with flavour and comes together in around half an hour. Roasting the cauliflower gives it a great flavour and the fried egg on top adds a protein hit!
- Cook the brown rice according to packet instructions, drain, set aside and keep warm.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cauliflower florets, 2 tbsp peri-peri sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp oil. Toss to coat before spreading onto a roasting tin or ovenproof dish, and place in a preheated oven at 210C/190C fan for 20 minutes, turning halfway through and cooking until the edges are nicely caramelised and brown.
- Whilst the cauliflower is in the oven, add a little oil to a non-stick frying pan and stir-fry the onion, garlic and cabbage for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and roast cauliflower to the stir-fried vegetables and check seasoning, adding more soy-sauce if you like.
- Just before serving, fry the eggs.
- Divide the mixture into serving bowls, top with a fried egg, and a scattering of spring onions and chopped coriander.