|4||chicken legs chicken legs|
|1 tsp tsp||olive oil olive oil|
|500 g g|| Jersey Royals
(or new potatoes, scrubbed, large potatoes halved)
|200 g g|| green beans
(fine ones, topped and tailed)
|100 g g||rocket rocket|
|100 g g|| radishes
|200 g g|| cherry tomatos
|1 tbsp tbsp|| capers
|1 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
Roasted chicken and Jersey Royal salad with caper vinaigrette
Skin-on thighs work best for this colourful chicken salad recipe, with the crisp, golden skin contrasting wonderfully against the soft eggs and tender potatoes. Serve as a light lunch with crusty bread, or double the quantity of chicken thighs for a filling, healthy dinner.
- Cut two slits in the chicken and put on a baking tray with the garlic cloves. Season and drizzle over the oil and the lemon juice.
- Put the squeezed lemon halves on the tray with the chicken and cover it all with foil. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- After this time, remove the foil and roast for a further 20 minutes or until the skin is crisp and golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the potatoes. Boil a large pan of water, add the potatoes and simmer for around 20 minutes till tender. Add the beans in the last 3 - 4 minutes, then drain and run a little cold water over them to stop further cooking.
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes, then run under cold water to cool. Peel and quarter each egg, setting aside until ready to serve.
- For the vinaigrette, finely chop the capers and mix with the oil, lemon juice and the sugar, seasoning to taste.
- To serve, arrange the chicken thighs and eggs on a bed of the beans, rocket, radishes and tomatoes. Pour over the vinaigrette and serve immediately.