For the soup
|peeled and diced|
|2 packs pack||Fun Size romanesco Fun Size romanesco||
|1 packs pack||broccoli broccoli||
|1 l l||vegetable stock vegetable stock||
|4 slices slice||bread bread||
|4 slices slice||gouda cheese gouda cheese||
|1 packs pack||Monster Claw crisps Monster Claw crisps||
|8||black olives black olive||
|sliced in half|
|4 sprigs sprig||parsley parsley||
|Greek yoghurt Greek yoghurt||
Bring our Oaklands Fun Size Romanesaurus Rex to life with this fun and vibrant soup recipe! Made from a blend of baby romanesco, broccoli and potato, the hearty soup is garnished with cheese toastie horns, a yoghurt face and crisp claws for a playful midweek meal the whole family will love.
- Add a dash of oil to a large pan and lightly fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the potato and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the romanesco, broccoli stems and stock to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and cooked through.
- Blitz until smooth, seasoning to taste. Keep warm over a low heat until ready to serve.
- Before serving, toast the bread and place the cheese slice on top. Slide under a hot grill until melted and bubbling. Cut the toast into triangles.
- To serve, divide the soup between bowls (wide and shallow bowls work best) and arrange the cheese toastie triangles across the top. Drizzle the yoghurt to form a face - use an old squeezy bottle, if you have one - and garnish with the olives, parsley eyelashes and monster claw croutons.