For the Bake
|200 g g||parsnips parsnip|
|200 g g||carrots carrot|
|200 g g||potatoes potato|
|200 g g||swede swede|
|0.5 tsp tsp||thyme thyme|
|2 tsp tsp||olive oil olive oil|
For the Pesto
|30 g g||kales kale|
|15 g g||almonds almond|
Root veg rosti and sausage tray bake
Let seasonal root veg shine in this striking brunch dish.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- Coarsely grate the parsnips, carrots, potatoes and swede (or use a food processor with a grater attachment). Wrap the grated vegetables in a clean tea towel with the sliced onions and squeeze out as much moisture as possible, then season with the dried thyme and salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a very large ovenproof frying pan and cook the sausages for 5 minutes until they are browned all over.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and stir-fry everything together for 2 minutes, then spread into a single layer around the sausages. Transfer to the oven for 45-50 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and the sausages are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the kale pesto. Add all the ingredients to a food processor along with 1-2 tbsp water and blitz until smooth, seasoning to taste.
- 5 minutes before serving, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the eggs to your liking. Serve on top of the rosti and sausages, drizzled with pesto to finish.