For the marinated lamb
|1.5 kg kg||leg of lamb leg of lamb|
|4 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|peel and juice|
|4||anchovy fillets anchovy fillets|
|drained and roughly chopped|
|2 tsp tsp||chilli flakes chilli flakes|
For the veg
|1 kg kg||new potato new potato|
|peeled and halved lengthways|
|250 g g||radishes radish|
|200 g g||asparagus asparagus|
|200 g g||broccoli broccoli|
|100 g g||feta feta|
|olive oil olive oil|
For the gravy
|2 tbsp tbsp||gravy granules gravy granules|
|100 ml ml||red wine red wine|
|1.5 tbsp tbsp||redcurrant jelly redcurrant jelly|
|600 ml ml||chicken stock chicken stock|
Rosemary, lemon and garlic lamb leg with baked feta spring veg
Preparation time: 0:40 min
Give your Easter roast a spring-like spin with baked feta and seasonal vegetables.
1. The day before cooking, place the leg into a large plastic food bag with all the marinade ingredients plus the squeezed lemon halves. Seal the bag and leave in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
2. On the day of cooking, remove the lamb from the fridge and bring up to room temperature for 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/170ºC fan/gas mark 5. Put the lamb in a large roasting tray and slash the top with the tip of a knife, pushing the garlic and anchovies from the marinade in the gaps.
3. Rub the rest of the marinade all over, then add the potatoes and shallots to the tray. Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes for rare, add another 10 minutes for medium and another 10 minutes for well-done.
4. 20 minutes before taking the lamb out, mix the radishes, asparagus and broccoli in another roasting tray and top with salt, pepper, feta and a splash of oil. Add to the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the lamb and leave to rest, covered in foil, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, make the gravy: pour any juices from the lamb pan into a large saucepan and add the gravy granules. Mix together with a wooden spoon over a medium heat and add the wine. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring all the time, then pour in the stock and redcurrant jelly. Season with salt and pepper and leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes. Carve the lamb, then serve with the roasted vegetables.