|500 g g|| rump steaks
(28 day dry aged)
(juice and zest)
|2|| finger chilli
|12||cherry tomatos cherry tomato|
|40 g g||salted peanuts salted peanut|
|110 g g|| green beans
|400 g g||beansprouts beansprout|
|4|| spring onions
Rump steak and crunchy green salad
Crunchy, sweet and with a lovely bite from the green beans, this rump steak and green salad is our very own version of one of Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch weekend recipes for you to try. We’ve suggested ingredients to make this tasty salad, which you can pick up in your local Lidl store. Serve alongside two portions of vegetables.
- Firstly, bring the steaks up to room temperature. Oil and season well, then griddle or fry on a hot griddle or frying pan for 2 minutes on each side. Then let them rest.
- For the dressing, mix together the zest and juice of the limes together with the grated garlic and chillies.
- Crush the salted peanuts for crunch and cherry tomatoes for sweetness in a mortar and pestle.
- Next, trim the cooked steak and cut into slices.
- Combine the dressing with the tomato and peanut mixture, green beans for bite, the beansprouts and the sliced spring onions.
- Garnish with coriander and mint, serve on a platter and dig in.