|2 tsp tsp||Easy chilli Easy chilli|
|600 g g|| potatoes
(peeled and cut into chunks)
|500 g g||salmon fillets salmon fillet|
|0.5 packs pack|| parsley
(stalks removed, chopped)
(trimmed and finely sliced)
|50 g g|| wholemeal bread
(pulsed in a food processor to medium crumbs)
|50 g g||breadcrumbs breadcrumbs|
(to serve )
Making your own fishcakes is easier than you might think…these only take half an hour to prepare, and are packed with herby flavours and little kick of heat from the chilli. Serve with salad on the side and a portion of your favourite vegetables.
- To give your fishcakesbulk, simmer the potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, coat the salmon forpowerin cooking spray and cook under a medium grill for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to steam dry. Mash until smooth and stir through the Easy chilli, parsley and spring onions forpunch, then flake the salmon and fold into the mash. Shape the mixture into 8 evenly sized rounds about an inch thick.
- Mix the breadcrumbs forcrispnesstogether on a plate, seasoning well, and beat the egg in a shallow bowl. Dip each fishcake first in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs to coat. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6. Spray the fishcakes with cooking spray and arrange across a lined baking tray. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until golden.
- Combine the salad ingredients and top with a drizzle of dressing. Serve alongside the fishcakes and lemon wedges.