|2 tsp tsp||black peppercorns black peppercorn|
|0.5 tsp tsp||garlic powder garlic powder|
|2 bags bag||frozen calamari frozen calamari|
|1 tsp tsp||olive oil olive oil|
|1 bunches bunch||spring onions spring onion|
|1 bunches bunch||coriander coriander|
|1||green chillies green chilli|
Salt and pepper squid
Calamari always manages to make mouths water and you can impress your guests with this simple to prepare recipe that can be on the table in under 20 minutes. Serve with lemon or lime wedges and enjoy as a simple snack or starter.
- Place the peppercorns into a pestle and mortar and roughly crush.
- Combine the crushed peppercorns with the garlic powder along with a good pinch of salt.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the frozen calamari and sprinkle with the salt and pepper mixture.
- Cook the calamari according to the packet instructions.
- In the meantime, slice the spring onions and gently fry in a little bit of olive oil. Set aside.
- Finely chop the coriander and the chilli, which can be de-seeded to tone down the heat.
- When the calamari is cooked, transfer to a large serving plate and scatter with the fried spring onion, freshly chopped coriander and spicy chilli.