For the meatball wraps
|450 g g||turkey mince turkey mince|
|1 tsp tsp||garlic garlic|
|1 tsp tsp||ginger ginger|
|1|| Red chillies
(deseeded and finely sliced)
|2|| spring onions
|coconut oil coconut oil|
For the pickled radish
|3 tbsp tbsp|| vinegar
(from the easy ginger jar)
|1 tbsp tbsp||icing sugar icing sugar|
|0.5 tsp tsp||salt salt|
For the satay sauce
|0.5 tsp tsp||garlic garlic|
|0.25 tsp tsp||ginger ginger|
|0.5 tsp tsp||coconut oil coconut oil|
|0.5 tbsp tbsp||icing sugar icing sugar|
|0.5 tbsp tbsp||soy sauce soy sauce|
|1 tbsp tbsp||peanut butter peanut butter|
|75 ml ml||coconut milk coconut milk|
Satay meatballs with crunchy cucumber salad
With a kick of chilli heat, these satay meatballs are sweet and tasty - great as a lighter dinner option. Serve alongside two portions of your favourite vegetables.
- For the meatballs, mix the mince, easy ginger, spring onion, easy garlic and half the chilli for kick and coriander. Season well, then shape into 20 meatballs and chill.
- Meanwhile, make the quick-pickled radish. Combine the vinegar for zing, sugar and salt in a small pan. Heat gently, stirring until dissolved, then set aside to cool. Once cool, stir in the radishes and leave to pickle for around 25 minutes.
- To make the satay, fry the garlic and ginger in coconut oil until soft, then whisk in the peanut butter for sweetness along with the remaining ingredients. Stir until it begins to thicken, then remove from the heat.
- Fry the meatballs in coconut oil for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through and golden on all sides.
- To serve, divide the lettuce leaves between 4 plates and fill with cucumber for crunch, coriander, meatballs, pickled radish, remaining chilli and a drizzle of satay sauce before serving.