|24||mini oatcakes mini oatcake||
|150 g g||smoked salmon smoked salmon||
|50 g g||crowdie crowdie||
|preferably Nevis Black Pepper flavour|
|50 g g||cream cheese cream cheese||
|sprigs dill sprigs dill||
Scottish smoked salmon, crowdie and oatcake canapés
For impressive party food in mere minutes try this smoked salmon canapé recipe by Claire Jessiman from Aberdeen. The flavours of this seafood canapé would pair perfectly with our Comte de Senneval Champagne.
- Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut stars from the smoked salmon as close to one another as you can
- Place a star of smoked salmon onto each oatcake
- Chop the remaining scraps of salmon into small pieces with a knife or scissors
- Mix the cream cheese and crowdie together in a bowl until combined, then stir through the chopped salmon pieces
- Carefully place a small spoonful of the crowdie mix in the middle of each star. Any remaining crowdie mixture can be reserved and spread over oatcakes as a pâté.
- Garnish each canapé with a small sprig of fresh dill and serve