|200 g g||butter butter||
|250 g g||flour flour||
|100 g g||sugar sugar||
|plus extra for dusting|
|1 pinches pinch||salt salt||
Good shortbread should be buttery and crumbly with a slight hint of saltiness to cut through the sweet flavour. Try using a cutter to make different shapes, perfect for giving as edible gifts.
- Knead the butter, sugar, salt and flour together to form a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Dust a clean surface with a little flour and roll out the dough to form a thick rectangle roughly 15cm x 28cm.
- Lie the dough on baking paper and prick evenly with a fork, then place on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes - if the shortbread begins to colour too quickly cover the baking tray in foil for the final 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cut into strips while still hot. Leave to cool completely before dusting lightly with sugar.
Oops! An Error Occurred
The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".
Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.