For the salmon side
|1 kg kg||salmon sides salmon side||
|30 g g||breadcrumbs breadcrumbs||
|zested and juice reserved for the dressing|
|1 handfuls handful||parsley parsley||
|1 tbsp tbsp||wholegrain mustard wholegrain mustard||
For the dressing
|30 g g||butter butter||
|3 tbsp tbsp||dill dill||
Side of salmon with a herb and mustard crust
This salmon recipe makes a fantastic centerpiece to an Easter meal, whether for a Good Friday lunch or as a great alternative to lamb. Serve with roasted potatoes and grilled spring vegetables for an impressive seasonal feast.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Lay the salmon on a piece of foil or baking parchment spread across a baking tray and set aside until required.
- For the crust, mix the butter and breadcrumbs together in a bowl and add the lemon zest, herbs and mustard. Stir well to combine, then spread the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the salmon.
- Place the salmon in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon dressing. Place the butter in a small saucepan and add the reserved lemon juice. Whisk together until fully incorporated, then remove from the heat and stir through the dill.
- Once the salmon is cooked, drizzle over a little of the dressing and serve with vegetables and any extra dressing on the side.