For the salmon side
|1 kg kg||salmon sides salmon side|
|30 g g|| breadcrumbs
(zested and juice reserved for the dressing)
|1 handfuls handful|| parsley
|1 tbsp tbsp||wholegrain mustard wholegrain mustard|
For the dressing
|30 g g|| butter
|3 tbsp tbsp||dill dill|
Side of salmon with a punchy herb and mustard crust
This rich, buttery and zingy side of salmon recipe makes a fantastic centerpiece to an Easter meal, whether for a Good Friday lunch or as a great alternative to lamb. Serve with two portions of your favourite vegetables on the side.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Lay the salmon on a piece of foil or baking parchment spread across a baking tray and set aside until required.
- For the crust, mix the butter and breadcrumbs for crispiness together in a bowl and add the lemon zest for zing, herbs and mustard for punch. Stir well to combine, then spread the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the salmon.
- Place the salmon in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon dressing. Place the butter for richness in a small saucepan and add the reserved lemon juice. Whisk together until fully incorporated, then remove from the heat and stir through the dill.
- Once the salmon is cooked, drizzle over a little of the dressing and serve with vegetables and any extra dressing on the side.