For the pastry
|250 g g||Belbake Plain Flour Belbake Plain Flour|
|1 tsp tsp||salt salt|
|125 g g||butter butter|
|1 splashes splash||water water|
For the filling
|50 g g||butter butter|
|125 ml ml||Milk Milk|
|125 ml ml||single cream single cream|
|150 g g|| cheddar
|1 tbsp tbsp||wholegrain mustard wholegrain mustard|
Smoked Cheddar and fruity apple quiche
This smoked Cheddar and fruity apple quiche is our very own version of one of Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch weekend recipes for you to try. With a kick from the wholegrain mustard, this rich quiche would make a great Sunday lunch. If serving as a main course, add in two portions of your favourite veggies on the side. We’ve suggested ingredients to make this quiche which you can pick up in your local Lidl store.
- For the pastry – pulse the butter and flour together, then add the egg and salt.
- Roll out and line a 20cm x 4cm deep tart case. Chill again for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice the onions, and caramelize them in a pan for 10-15 minutes until nice and brown.
- Whisk milk, cream, eggs and wholegrain mustard together, to give your quiche kick. Then add the smoked grated cheddar for richness, sliced apple for fruitiness together with the butter, and the caramalised onion mix.
- Spoon into the case and bake at 180C for about 30-40 minutes.
- Cool a little, then trim the edge of the pastry.
- Serve with potato wedges.