|2 tbsp tbsp||horseradish horseradish||
|cooked and finely diced|
|2 tbsp tbsp||balsamic vinegar balsamic vinegar||
|preferably gem, washed and chopped|
|400 g g||smoked salmon smoked salmon||
|zest and juice|
|1||green apples green apple||
|25 g g||chives chive||
|olive oil olive oil||
|black pepper black pepper||
Smoked salmon salad with beetroot and horseradish
A light and fresh starter with a little kick from the horseradish. The beetroot and apple are really delicious together and compliment the creamy salmon.
- Mix the horseradish and half the beetroot together in a small bowl to make a relish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the shallots and balsamic vinegar together and leave to pickle for 10-15 minutes, then strain and set aside.
- Season the salmon with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and black pepper.
- Core and slice the apple into matchsticks.
- Mix the lettuce, apples and pickled shallot together and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper and most of the chives.
- Arrange the salmon neatly over the salad with serve the beetroot relish on the side. Sprinkle with the remaining chives, beetroot and a drizzle of olive oil to serve.