|300 g g|| cauliflowers
|600 ml ml||Milk Milk|
|1 tablespoon tablespoon|| Smoky BBQ Rub
Smoky BBQ Rub|
(plus extra to sprinkle)
|300 g g||conchiglie pasta conchiglie pasta|
|200 g g|| cheddar
|200 g g||spinach spinach|
|30 g g||breadcrumbs breadcrumbs|
(peeled into ribbons)
|4 handfuls handful|| lettuces
Smoky BBQ cauliflower cheese pasta bake
Cheesy, crispy and with a whole lot of smoky flavour from the bbq rub, this cauliflower cheese pasta bake will soon become a firm family favourite. Serve alongside two portions of vegetables.
- Make a rich cauliflower sauce by combining cauliflower for bulk , onions, milk for creaminess and the BBQ rub for smokiness in a large pan.
- Season well, then cover with a lid, bring up to the boil and simmer gently for 12 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Cool slightly then use a stick blender to blitz until smooth. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Stir most of the cheese into the cauliflower sauce, followed by the spinach, covering with the lid to allow the cheese to melt and spinach to wilt. Preheat the grill to high.
- Drain the pasta and tip into a baking dish, followed by the cauliflower sauce. Mix well, then top with the remaining cheese, topping with breadcrumbs for crispiness and a generous extra pinch of BBQ rub.
- Grill for 3–4 minutes until golden, serving immediately with the cucumber and lettuce salad.