|1 tsp tsp||olive oil olive oil|
|400 g g||Chopped tomatoes with herbs Chopped tomatoes with herbs|
|800 g g|| mixed beans
(rinsed and drained)
|340 g g|| sweetcorn
|1 tsp tsp||paprika paprika|
|1 pinches pinch||chilli flakes chilli flakes|
(zest and juice)
|300 g g||frozen peas frozen peas|
|150 g g|| feta
|375 g g||ready rolled puff pastry ready rolled puff pastry|
Smoky rainbow bean and feta pot pies
This vegetarian pie is comfort food at its finest.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- Fry the garlic in the oil for 1 minute in a medium pan, then pour in the chopped tomatoes and bring up to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes, then add the beans, sweet corn, spices and lime.
- Season to taste, then cook for 2 minutes before adding the peas and feta. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, unroll the pastry and cut out rounds to top 4 individual pie dishes (be generous as the pastry will shrink as it cooks). Save any pastry scraps for decoration.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie dishes and brush the edges of each dish with the beaten egg. Lay the pastry rounds on top and press down the edges to seal, then brush over more egg - if you decorate your pie with the leftover pastry remember to brush this with egg too.
- Place the pie dishes on a large baking sheet and cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the pastry is golden and puffy.