|400 g g||beef mince steak beef mince steak||
|1 - 2 cubes cube||beef stock beef stock||
|made into 380ml stock|
|2 tins tin||Chopped tomatoes with herbs Chopped tomatoes with herbs||
|1 cartons carton||tomato passata tomato passata||
|2||garlic cloves garlic cloves||
|400 g g||spaghetti spaghetti||
|50 g g||extra mature cheddar extra mature cheddar||
|1 tbsp tbsp||sugar sugar||
|olive oil olive oil||
Preparation time: 0:10 min
Bring together a classic dinner, whilst prepping for another! Here we’re going to make tonight’s bolognese whilst also making the sauce for pizzas later in the week. Whilst not necessarily authentic, adding a couple of carrots is a great way to add some veggies into the dish. If there’s any pasta sauce leftover, it can be frozen in an airtight container for another time.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large non-stick pot. Add the mince and fry for a few minutes until browned.
- Add the chopped onions, to the pan and cook for a further few minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Next add the chopped peppers and carrots and cook for a further few minutes. Turn off the heat whilst you prepare the tomato base.
- In a separate non-stick pot, add a little oil and the garlic, carton of passata, and the chopped tomatoes.
- Season with black pepper and the sugar. Stir well and bring up to the boil and reduce down to a simmer for a good 10 minutes.
- At this stage, remove around x2 mugfuls of the tomato sauce and set aside to cool. This will be used for pizza sauce later in the week.
- Transfer the cooked mince mixture into the tomato mixture and add in the stock.
- Bring up to the boil and then reduce to simmer and cook for a further 10 minutes. Check the seasoning and adjust according to preference.
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions and serve with the sauce, topped with a little grated cheddar.