|2 cans can||tuna tuna||
|tuna chunks in brine, drained|
|400 g g||spaghetti spaghetti||
|3 cloves clove||garlic garlic||
|1||lemon zest lemon zest||
|1 pieces piece||lemon juice lemon juice||
|pinches pinch||salt salt||
|pinches pinch||peppers pepper||
|pinches pinch||chilli flakes chilli flakes||
Spaghetti with tuna, lemon and garlic
Preparation time: 0:05 min
There’s not many meals which come together as quickly as this light pasta dish. With a few simple ingredients - and a good kick of garlic - the flavours come together for a satisfying plate of food. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers - they can be enjoyed cold as a lunch or snack the next day. Don’t have scales for weighing your spaghetti? Simply use the hole in your spaghetti server per person for the perfect measure.
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, (keep a few tablespoons of cooking water) and transfer to a large serving dish or bowl
2. In a small frying pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil and add the garlic. Fry very gently for a minute, being careful not to let it burn.
3. Toss the oil through the cooked pasta, and add a little of the cooking water to help loosen it if needed.
4. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and toss through again to coat the pasta.
5. Finally, flake the tuna over the dish, and season generously with black pepper (and a sprinkle of herbs or chilli flakes if you wish). Serve immediately.