|250 g g||beef steak mince 10% fat beef steak mince 10% fat|
|1|| large onions
(large, thinly sliced)
|3|| spring onions
(stalk, cut into thin strips)
(stalk, cut into matchsticks)
|1|| beef and black bean sauce
beef and black bean sauce|
|200 g g||long grain rice long grain rice|
|2|| large carrots
(peeled and thinly sliced)
|2 tbsp tbsp|| oil
(e.g. vegetable or sunflower )
|1 pinches pinch|| chilli flakes
|1 dash dash|| soy sauce
(or hot sauce, optional)
Speedy beef stir fry
Take the hassle out of frying steak for your stir-fry with this quick-as-a flash recipe which uses steak mince for a quick, deliciously savoury dish that everyone in the family can enjoy! For those who like a little heat, feel free to add some chilli flakes or sweet chilli sauce an extra kick. Stir-fries are a great way to use up broccoli stalks that are part of your weekly shop too - just trim the outer edges and cut them into thin batons or slices. It’s as tasty without the mince, just add some extra veggies and you have a tasty vegetarian option.
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions rinse, cover and keep warm.
- Add a little oil to a large non-stick frying pan or wok, and carefully fry the garlic (making sure it doesn’t burn) before adding the steak mince. Stir-fry for a few minutes until cooked. Set aside.
- Place a little more oil in the same wok or pan, and on a high heat, add the onion and spring onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers, celery, carrots and broccoli to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes on a high heat.
- Once the veggies are cooked through, return the mince to the pan and stir through the sachet of sauce.
- Service the stir-fry with rice and sprinkle of chilli flakes, or dash of soy or hot sauce if you wish.