|0.25 tsp tsp||cinnamon cinnamon||
|0.25 tsp tsp||black pepper black pepper||
|0.5 tsp tsp||salt salt||
|150 ml ml||orange juice orange juice||
|2 tbsp tbsp||honey honey||
|2||salmon fillets salmon fillet||
|4 slices slice||Serrano ham Serrano ham||
|1 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil||
|1 tbsp tbsp||butter butter||
|2 tbsp tbsp||parsley parsley||
Spiced orange salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/170ºC fan/gas mark 5. Line a baking tray with kitchen paper.
- Add the garlic, shallot, orange zest, spice and seasoning to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir through the orange juice and honey, then finely slice a quarter of the zested orange and add to the bowl.
- Add the salmon fillets and turn to evenly coat in the marinade. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your Serrano ham crisps. Place the Serrano ham slices onto the lined tray and place another piece of baking paper over the top.
- Rest another tray on top of the baking paper to flatten and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until crisp. Set aside and leave to cool.
- Once the fillets have marinated for 30 minutes remove them from the liquid and wipe off any pieces of garlic or shallot. Set the fillets to one side, reserving the marinade for later.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. Once the butter melts and begins to foam, then add the salmon fillets to the pan skin-side down.
- Cook the fillets for 1-2 minutes or until the skin start to turn crispy and golden, then turn the salmon and cook on the other side for 1 minute.
- Add the marinade to the pan and bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 minutes, or until the salmon fillets are cooked through.
- In the last minute of cooking sprinkle over half the parsley and turn the fillets in the sauce to coat the crispy skin in the orange glaze. Serve alongside your Serrano ham crisps, creamy mashed potatoes and tender vegetables and enjoy!