|2 packs pack||turkey steaks turkey steak|
|1||red onions red onion|
|1 bunches bunch||coriander coriander|
|1 bunches bunch||spring onions spring onion|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Red chillies Red chilli|
|2 tbsp tbsp||malt vinegar malt vinegar|
|2 tbsp tbsp||tomato ketchup tomato ketchup|
|2 tbsp tbsp||soy sauce soy sauce|
|1 tbsp tbsp||icing sugar icing sugar|
|6||Brussels sprouts Brussels sprout|
|1 handfuls handful|| chilli roasted peanuts
chilli roasted peanuts|
|1 tsp tsp||olive oil olive oil|
|1|| chicken stock
(prepared as packet instructions)
|2 tbsp tbsp||cranberry sauce cranberry sauce|
|1 pinches pinch||salt salt|
Spicy turkey lettuce cups
Crunchy and punchy with chilli roasted peanuts, this spicy turkey lettuce cups recipe has been created by influencers Billy & Jack, and would be a great dinner to share with friends when you’re after something lighter this season. Serve alongside two portions of your favourite vegetables.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan along with half a red onion, roughly chopped, sliced ginger, garlic cloves, spring onions, chicken stock, the chilli, 1tbsp malt vinegar, sugar, ketchup and soy sauce. Give it a good mix, season with salt and pepper then place in a preheated oven at 160°C / gas mark 3 for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove the turkey and chop into small pieces.
- Pour the remaining liquid into a saucepan and on a low heat over the hob, reduce by half. Add the cranberry sauce. Pour the sauce onto the turkey and mix well.
- To make the slaw - Finely slice the sprouts, carrot and remaining half an onion. Mix with 1 tbsp malt vinegar, lime juice and a dash of oil.
- To plate up, spoon some turkey into a lettuce ‘cup’, top with the slaw, some crushed peanuts and coriander leaves. Roll up and enjoy!